Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Week 18 Macy's Holiday Event









This weekend we hooked up with the Stoebner family and visited Macy's annual holiday event. We actually got up early on a Sunday morning to beat the crowd, and while I hate getting up early, it was worth it. We saw lots of stuff, including Santa, again. Santa wasn't nearly as scary as last time, but Gia still wasn't going to touch him. I feel sorry for Santa---all those crying kids, one after another. What a thankless job.

On the other hand, Gia ran into several unexpected cookies at the event and ate every last one of them with her typical gusto. Pasta, pizza, and cookies--the world doesn't get much better than that from her perspective.

I've included a variety of photos. A few from the Macy's event, and one when she was with us less than a month. You'll see she's grown quite a bit. Her face is thinning out, and she's becoming a young girl. It's a happy, sad, and humbling feeling all at the same time.

One final note---Gia and I were the only ones to attend her swimming lesson today! I know it was because the temperature was -3 F, but seriously, I'm getting over the flu and yet we still made it. Total wimps. I bet those other moms never spent their summers teaching canoeing and riflery in the Boundary Waters. Hump! (I say this while Rob's outside shoveling, at 10:30 pm, after a 2-hour commute home in the snow.)
P.S. Does anyone else hate the formatting in blogspot as much as I? (Rrrrrrr)

1 comment:

SJG said...

Your formatting in blogspot looks great. Keep up the good work!