Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Week 16 Thanksgiving




Thanksgiving weekend was great fun with my Mom's side of the family (about 25 people, a three day event). Gia does not currently eat fruits and vegetables that aren't pureed, and I am only willing to puree one item a day--her morning smoothie (which by the way, contains a full banana, two oranges or strawberries, and 4 oz. of yogurt--a hefty serving of fruit for a toddler!). With that said, I am trying to familiarize her with fruits and vegetables by trying to serve at least one or two F&V at each meal. With Thanksgiving, apples have been in abundance in our household (yes, I make the pies for the Thanksgiving extravaganza). In any case, Gia was fascinated by the fruit, even took a bite of it, but spit it out. We caught it on camera. It's almost a week later and she's still doing the chew and spit technique. I'm hoping she'll get used to the texture soon as we are running out of apples!





No comments: