Tuesday, March 10, 2009

No Runner Up in Ethiopian Cooking Contest







Last week I was jazzed to participate in an Ethiopian cooking contest judged by none other than the head chef/owner from Queen of Sheba. Of 25 or so entries, I did not win. I "accidentally" sneaked a peak at the scorecard. Apparently my Misir Wot (lentiles), were too runny, but---delicious. I noticed the three winners all had meat as their main dish---clearly a case of vegetarian discrimination. In any case, Gia enjoyed a sampling of the various dishes (as you can tell from the picture).

Try, if you can, to find the two tiny braids I inserted in the front of her hairline. No joke--I had to use a toothpick to get them out. It will be a while before I braid again....she is really wiggly and it hurts my poor back to chase her around bent over, braiding.

The picture of her on the chair was taken when I spent 3 hours with customer service trying to figure out why my computer wasn't working. Gia sat quietly for the last half hour, watching the drama unfold. This was the climactic point where the customer service rep had me take my hard drive apart and tighten any loose wires. I'm proud to say I now know how to rip apart and put together a hard drive.

1 comment:

SJG said...

Okay, I'm impressed that you were willing to be judged by an Ethiopian cook... and except for the lack of a dead animal in your dish it seems you faired well!

As for taking apart a hard drive... I'll be sure to direct people your way when they are having computer trouble at work!